It will be demonstrated in this post how to mute an email thread in iOS 13, whether it is from the Mail inbox or an opened email. Apple’s iOS 13 and later operating systems (including iPadOS) are supported by the information in this article.
- How to mute a threaded email in iOS 13.
- How to Mute an Email Message’s Email Thread when it is already open
- Determining the final destination of mute emails
- What Are the Benefits of Muting an Email Message?
How to mute a threaded email in iOS 13
Apple iOS 13 added a number of new capabilities to the iPhone and iPod Touch, making them even more useful. Along with Dark Mode, video editing, and the ability to listen to lyrics in Apple Music, iOS 13 includes a few new email management features. The ability to mute email threads is one of the most beneficial of these features.
You are not need to activate this feature in order to begin taking advantage of it. You can access it through two different means because it is integrated within the Mail application. In the inbox, you employ the first strategy to your advantage.
- Open the Mail application on your iPhone and compose a message.
- If you have multiple inboxes, either select the one that includes the thread you wish to silence or select All Mailboxes from the drop-down menu.
- Swipe your finger left to mute the thread you want to silence.
- Select the More option from the drop-down menu (it looks like three dots in a gray circle).
- Press the Mute button.
- The symbol for mutated threads is a bell with a line drawn across it.
- Repeat the previous steps, but this time select Unmute from the More menu to restore notification functionality.
How to Mute an Email Message’s Email Thread when it is already open
Even if you already have the email open and have chosen not to receive email notifications for new messages in that thread, it is simple to mute a thread from within an open email. To do so, follow the steps outlined below.
- To begin, open a post in the thread that you intend to quiet and reply to it.
- Select the Reply button from the drop-down menu.
- Use your finger to swipe upward to explore further options.
- Select the Mute option.
- You can unmute a topic from the same menu as before.
Determining the final destination of mute emails
Along with the ability to mute an email thread, iOS 13 now gives you the option of deciding what happens to fresh messages received during a hushed discussion. To do so, follow the steps outlined below.
- Navigate to the settings menu
- Select the Mail option.
- Select the Action button for the Muted Thread.
- Make your selection from the available options.
What Are the Benefits of Muting an Email Message?
The irritation of maintaining an excessively active discussion can arise if you are constantly receiving notifications for each new message that arrives in your inbox. You can turn off notifications for the vexing thread without affecting any other email alerts that you get.
To deal with all notifications or turn them completely off were the only options available in the previous system. The ability to mute a single thread allows you to have greater control over which alerts appear on your lock screen.