The amount of information available on search engine optimization for a new website can scare some organizations. And without a skilled in-house SEO or consultant, they typically do nothing.
We’ll look at some simple steps you can do to improve your website’s SEO, even if you can’t afford a professional.
On-Site SEO Fundamentals
Some of the most critical SEO factors occur on your own website. While link development is important, it isn’t as efficient without proper on-site search optimization. Some basic features you should include in your website SEO are title tags and meta description. Others are internal links, header tags, and image name.
Remember not to overuse any of the SEO aspects. It’s tempting to stuff your pages with keywords, but that’s not the purpose. It’s so bad that Google now penalizes websites that have too many keywords on one page. Consider up to five keywords or keyphrases for each page of your website and optimize for them.
If you follow internet marketing news, you’ve probably heard of content creation and content marketing. Content benefits both visitors and search engines. More content means more time spent on your website. And the more material you have, the more probable search engines will index your pages.
Quality content is the key to pleasing both search engines and visitors.
- Off-Site SEO (Link Building)
Link building is one of the most discussed SEO tasks. Link building is all about getting other websites to link to you. If you consider search engine ranking as a popularity contest, then links are like votes for your website to be highly rated. Getting links with keyword anchor text will help you rank for certain keywords.
Google+ and Rankings
If you want to dominate Google, you should join Google+. This social network can help you rank better in searches for individuals you know. Thus, individualized search results outperform even local search results. So, if you want to go into customised search, do the following.
- Set up a personal and business Google+ page.
- Give the website a +1, share it on your profile or page as a status update, and link to it in your profile information under recommended websites.
- Complete your profile to entice people to connect with you.
- Check your settings and make sure your profile and status updates are public.
- Don’t be overly self-promotional on your profile.
- Engage those who wish to see your website in search results. Find people to connect with on Google+ by searching for them. Most should add you back.
A person’s popularity on Google+ can influence tailored search results for others who follow them. So, make the most of this social network to reap the rewards.
Finally, you should check your SEO results to monitor your development. The three most significant instruments for tracking these results are:
- Authority Labs – Create a free account after utilizing the pro account for 30 days. Use this tool to track your website’s keyword rankings and observe whether they improve.
- Google Analytics – Use Google Analytics to learn about your website visitors. Monitor your organic search traffic to see what terms people use to find your website. It is possible to track which terms contribute to conversions on your website, such as newsletter sign-ups or product purchases. This will assist you figure out what keywords to target with your SEO.
- DataForSEO – Get raw SEO data into your bespoke app. Their rank tracker API lets you track term rankings, SERP results, and keyword data.
There are many other useful SEO tools, but these are the best to start with to see if your efforts are paying off.