Do you accidentally delete or lost a message in your Yahoo mail inbox? And you do not have idea of how to recover such message. We will walk you through the processes you need to take.
- Undelete e-mail messages
- Recover Lost or Deleted Emails
Undelete e-mail messages
When you delete an email, it is moved to the Trash folder, where it will remain until the folder is completely empty. If a message is still in your Trash folder, you can recover it relatively quickly. Here’s how it’s done:
- In Yahoo Mail, go to the Trash folder and click on it. On the Yahoo email screen, you’ll find it in the navigation pane on the left side of the screen.
- Select each email that you want to recover by checking the box next to it.
- Select Restore to Inbox from the drop-down menu. The selected email will now appear in your Inbox as an attachment.
Recover Lost or Deleted Emails
For messages you’ve received in the last seven days that have been lost or deleted, or for messages that have been deleted after you’ve emptied the Trash folder, follow these steps:
- Go to the Yahoo! Mail page for recovering lost or deleted emails. To submit a restoration request, click Send a Restore Request.
- To describe the problem, select it from the drop-down option. When presented with this circumstance, pick Mail: Webmail messages were accidentally destroyed by the user. If you are using a mobile device, you can also choose from a variety of options.
- In the drop-down list that appears under When was the last time you saw the missing communications, select the appropriate timeframe. Sixteen hours is the maximum amount of time allowed.
- Complete the remaining fields of the form, check the CAPTCHA box, and then click on Create a Request to submit it.
In the meantime, you can forward or download any new messages while you wait for Yahoo to restore your Yahoo Mail account to the state it was in at the time you specified from a backup copy. The backup takes the place of any existing email boxes and folders on your computer.